The 27th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change(COP27), from November 6–18, 2022, in Egypt, brought together world leaders—presidents, governors, mayors, CEOs, philanthropy, and civil society—to advance the concrete steps that are needed to cut global emissions in half in this decisive decade, and to adapt to the mounting climate change impacts we can no longer avoid.
In the wake of another record-breaking year of extreme droughts and floods across the planet, and in the context of global energy crises and growing inequity, the international community must take bold and decisive action. It is no longer sufficient to set ambitious targets; leaders must also swiftly deliver on their existing commitments to equitably support the transition from fossil fuels and invest in clean energy solutions and green workforces; protect the world’s most vulnerable; conserve the natural world; and respect the leadership of Indigenous communities.
NRDC’s international experts have participated in the U.N. global climate talks for many years. This year, we sponsored and spoke at events and engaged with partners across a broad range of topics.
We welcome you to browse these topics and event information below.
An equitable transition from gas
Climate resilience and clean energy access in India
Nature-based climate solutions in Canada
Nature-based climate solutions in China
Critical ocean protections
Climate and health adaptation
Equity at COP27
Further analysis on COP27 from our experts
- Forward Progress at COP27 in Egypt and the Path Ahead, Jake Schmidt, et al., November 21, 2022
- Coordinating Actions to Counter India’s Air Pollution Crisis, Vijay Limaye, November 7, 2022
- The Global North’s Myth Making Threatens COP27 Forest Pledge, Jennifer Skene, November 7, 2022
- Mobilizing Climate Equity, Implementation & Ambition at COP27, Jake Schmidt, et al., November 1, 2022
- Time to Fast-Track Africa's Clean & Equitable Energy Future, Shruti Shukla, November 1, 2022
- China’s Climate Progress Ahead of COP27, Alvin Lin, November 1, 2022
- COP27: World Leaders Must Raise Climate Ambition, Manish Bapna, October 31, 2022
- India at COP27: A Defining Moment and a Balancing Act, Sameer Kwatra and Dipa Singh Bagai, October 31, 2022
- Logging Is One of Canada’s Greatest Climate Liabilities, Jennifer Skene, October 18, 2022